Thursday, March 13, 2008

Abby had a bad fall!!


Well yesterday Abby had a bad fall. We were playing at the play ground by our house. She slipped and fell off the side of the stairs. She fell about 3 feet then banged her head on the corner of the bottom step. She instantly had a goose egg. I put some antibiotic ointment on it then a band aide. It doesn't look as bad today, but its not pretty. She also has about 6 bruises on her knees from crawling up and down the stairs to get to the slide.
I have Abby's 12 mth Well child check up scheduled for tomorrow and Abby is going to look like I hit her. She has so many bruises right now. At least they are on her knees and forehead. Anyways here is a picture of her lovely bruise. I know this will be one of many more to come. I just feel so bad every time she gets hurt. I feel like I should have been there to catch her before she fell.
The one time that I wasn't standing right there to catch her is when she fell. Isn't that the way it always is.




This video is of her climbing the stairs and going down the slide. If you watch she doesn't climb to the next step she just kind of throws her body to the next step. This is why she has so many bruises on her knees. Blogger wouldn't let me do them as one video so I split them up. The top is the first half and the bottom is the second.



2 comments:

rachel b. said...

Oh, poor baby! That bruise looks awful! Those videos of her are so cute though--I love the little huffing and puffing noises she makes while she's climbing. Most people don't sound quite so precious when they're working out, unfortunately . . .

Kathleen said...

The nice thing is that they bounce back quickly! And it's fun to watch her have so much fun playing outside. She's going to love it when the weather really gets nice!