Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bye Bye Diapers!!

Well, Megan has official said bye bye to diapers. Two weeks ago I decided to go for it. I'll be honest I was a little reluctant. Abby wasn't the best experience for me with potty training. It took me more than a year to get her fully potty trained.

When I decided to give it a try. I took Megan to the store while Abby was at school and let her pick out her very own potty. She picked this one:
it plays music when she goes. Then I let her pick out her very own panties. She really like Minnie Mouse. So she picked out Minnie Mouse panties. After this we were set. Later that night while she was asleep I went and picked up some juice (she loves it) and some candy, otter pops and stickers to reward her. Every time she sat on the potty I gave her an otter pop and told her to sit on the potty and eat it. It takes her a few minutes to eat it so she would usually go. Plus she had a lot of juice that day so she went more often. This was very effective for Megan.
The first half of the day wasn't very great. She just kept having accidents, but she did get it and now we are done with diapers. It's nice, not to have to change diapers.

There you go Megan is potty trained.

3 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Yay, Megan! It must be hard to believe that your 2 babies are both big girls using the potty now.

Kathleen said...

Hooray for Megan! And you!! That's so great. Think of all the things you can use your money for now that you don't have to buy boatloads of diapers!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

yay! I can't wait until Jax is potty trained. It will be bitter sweet knowing I will never have to buy diapers again. I hope he potty trains easily. We need to get together when I come to UT this summer!