Abby and I just got back on Tuesday night from visiting my sister in Alabama. I loved it, I got to hang out with my twin sister for a whole week. Abby on the other hand had a really hard time. The plane ride was fine she loved watching people. It was a little crazy with all of the luggage, but the ride was not that bad.
Abby had a hard time while at my sisters house. She just wasn't use to being in a new environment for a long period of time. Plus we had 2 children around the same age heading into the terrible twos hanging around each other all day long. Misty and I had to brake up lots of hair pulling and pushing and crying. By about the middle of the trip Abby had enough and was frustrated the whole rest of the time.
It was fun though, I make it out to be like it was horrible trip. It was really fun. We drove up to Nashville, TN and were able to see some of the sights up there. We also got to see some of the sight in Huntsville, AL. It was a really fun trip all together. I am leaving a link to pictures of the trip.
click here to see photos
In the photos you will see Opry Land Hotel ( the inside ). Also the Grand Ole Opry, which was cool because I am a country music lover. We also tried to go and see Fan Fair that was going on while we were there but where not able to. We also went to a place in Huntsville Alabama called the Botanical Gardens. There was this building were butterflies migrate to once a year. You walk in and there are lots of butterflies flying around. Abby loved it. She kept pointing to the butterflies and smiling it was really quite. Well I think that is about all for describing the pictures in the slide show so hope you enjoy.
I should add one last thing Abby and Beth did get along most of the time they just fought more then I anticipated. They were cute Abby would give her a hug every once in a while. They would share some things. But they are both strong willed and when they want something they want it and nothing else.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad you had a good trip Mindy! It can be really hard traveling with a toddler. I know Rob missed you both a lot! I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Nashville is a fun place, isn't it? I always thought it was really pretty there, too, besides all the fun stuff to do.
That trip looks so fun! It's funny to see how similar Sarabeth and Abby look--they look like they could be siblings! Also, Abby's hair looked REALLY long in those pictures . . . it's finally growing! Good for her :-) I'm glad you had a good time!
I am glad you were able to see where I go at least once year to visit my Family. I love TN. Jealous that you were there and I wasn't. Glad you had fun!
I am so happy you got to go see misty. I am sure she really appreciated it!! I know how it can be to be so far away from family, it is always good to have visitors!
Post a Comment