Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Too much snow! We had to be creative.

Click to play


I've been going crazy cooped up in the house. It snowed here every day last week and is continuing to do the same this week. Abby has been bored playing with the same old same old. So I went outside and grabbed her picnic table, brought it in and cleaned it up. Abby loved it. She wanted to sit on it before it was even cleaned off. I should have taken a picture of it with all of the snow piled on top. There was like 2 feet . OK so not that much but it was a lot I cleaned all the snow off and sterilized it with sanitizing wipes. Then I let it dry for a while. Now Abby is playing with it and is loving it.
When I first brought it in and had it partially cleaned she kept pushing me out of the way so that she could sit at it. She can climb in and out all by herself. She sits so perfectly at it. So I have been making good use of it the last couple of days. She draws on it. plays with her toys at it. It has even become a jungle jim, which is not safe in any way, but she is having fun so I just watch her closely. That is our story with the picnic table. Dave and Kathleen thanks for the table.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad she's having fun with it. Sometimes just having something new and different is enough! It looks like Abby's hair is growing - she looks so cute!

rachel b. said...

I know what you mean--I feel like I'm losing my mind with all these never-ending snowstorms. Those pictures are so cute! The very first one is my favorite--she looks so happy!